8 Week Challenge: Final Update
This update is coming in a little late thanks to one mind-blowing week spent gliding through the wide Montana countryside with The Cycling House kids. When I started this challenge, I called it the Eight Week Challenge but then said the end date was July 20th, which technically made it 9 weeks. Mironda and I decided to go with the original end date I called out and gave ourselves an extra week to finish things off. I spent mine riding 400 miles in 5 days, a training block that only earned me about half a pound of weight loss, but sent my Bliss Meter off the charts.
Past two week’s progress: 148–> 146, -2 pound
Total progress: 157 –> 146, -11 pounds
Will fill in when I hear from her!
Past two week’s progress: 129.8 –> ?
Total progress: 139 –> ?
- Weight loss isn’t witchcraft or voodoo – it’s patience, persistence, consistency and experimentation.
- Eating well has far more to do with your head than with your body.
- It’s still really, really hard for me to lose weight while cycling. I plan to start working with a cycling-specific trainer to get resistance work that complements my cycling program instead of sabotaging it.
- Taking on a challenge like this publicly, with friends like you kids, is way more awesome than trying to do it alone.
- Making small changes, one at a time, in manageable chunks takes a lot of the stress out of lifestyle adjustments.
- Speaking of stress, that stuff is no good for weight loss. We work too much. Let’s knock that shit off.
- Tracking nutrition in a food diary is a very good “reset” strategy for me, but not something I want to do all the time.
- Being fit on the bike feels great, no matter the weight.
- Summer is rad. Really rad.
- I’m going to go drink some txakolina rosé now. You should get yourself a bottle.
There are a few more weeks until I leave for Europe and, after a week of rest, I plan to throw down a short Bonus Round. Standby for more on that.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- 8-Week Challenge Update: Week Two I lost one of my best and oldest friends last...
- 8-Week Challenge: Week Three Update Key takeaways from Week Three. (If you’re just joining us,...
- 8-Week Challenge Update: Week One Time for a Week One check-in. How’s it going? Here...
- 8 Week Challenge: Week Six and Seven Updates If I were a good blogger I’d give you a...
- 8 Week Jump Start Weight Loss Challenge Links to Updates: Week One Week Two Week Three Week...