A Knock-Your-Socks-Off Jay Robb Fudgesicle Recipe for Labor Day
Last week Maggie Wang posted her favorite recipe for making protein fudgesicles. (By the way, she’s wicked smart and completely kicks ass. Her website contains a wealth of information and she’s extremely entertaining to boot.)
Inspired, I adapted her recipe to include my favorite whey protein isolate (Jay Robb!) and a nifty new chocolate product that I recently discovered in my favorite neighborhood grocery store, New Seasons Market. (I also used good old cow milk instead of soy milk cuz I don’t have any dairy tolerance issues.)
The result is a seriously religious frozen chocolate explosion.
Oh. My. God.
You’re going to love this one.
1 Box Jello-O Sugar Free, Fat Free Chocolate Fudge flavored instant pudding
2 cups nonfat milk
3 scoops Jay Robb Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein Isolate (yes, I buy mine from the Jay Robb site in the 5 lb bucket)
4 tbsps Wonderslim Wondercocoa baking cocoa powder
Make the pudding according to the instructions on the box. Then, while whisking, add the protein powder and extra baking cocoa. When well mixed, pour into popsicle molds (or small plastic cups, etc.), add sticks, and put in your freezer.
In a couple of hours you’ll have fudgesicles so good you won’t even be able to tell that they are loaded with tons of healthy protein. Go ahead, have two.
The nutrition profile will vary slightly depending on how big your popsicle molds are, etc. but I was able to get about 5 fudgesicles out of the recipe above which means that a single fudgesicle will look like this:
Deliciousness factor 5,987, 234
Seriously. It even passed the Sal test. He has this to say: “Mmmm…” (slurp, slurp, slurp), “These taste just like the ones that the ice cream man brings around!!”
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Like Pumpkin Pie? You’re Going to Love This Festive Jay Robb Protein Shake I know what you’re thinking. And, no, I don’t work...
- The Perfect Protein Shake: Why Jay Robb is My New Personal Hero (The true story of how I found my new favorite,...
- Triple (Yes, You Read That Right) Chocolate Pecan Protein Shake Eat your heart out, ErikV. I have improved upon the...
- Yum: From the Kick-Ass Protein Shake Files I was running out today to make an 11:15am appointment...
- Double Chocolate Pecan Shake (Yes, I swear it’s good for you.) Sal has a hardcore sweet tooth. Protein shakes have come...