A Little Taste of the ‘Crusade (Cyclocross Video Footage)
A quick update to yesterday’s race report, and some video candy.
Turns out I placed 19th in a field of 58 which isn’t as terrible as I’d thought. Hell, I’ll even go so far as to say that I’m happy about it! And in case you’re one of those readers who has no idea what I’m talking about when I talk about all this cyclocross crap, here’s a little taste of what went down yesterday at Alpenrose Dairy in Portland, Oregon. I’ve also included some photos at the bottom of this entry.
A preliminary quick edit by Crank My Chain:
Yours Truly on the run-up.
Angry ‘cuz my legs are fried!
Start Line: The Dreaded Wait. That’s Heather Gunderson on the left. Sherry is on the right, trying not to throw up :)
The beginner women’s category was HUGE. This is the start.
Ty flies by.
Ben handles a tricky turn.
Sherry coming up on the very same tricky turn!
Sal takes the inside line, narrowly avoiding gnarly debris.
Ben prepares to dismount!
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Cross Crusade #4: Astoria (The Picture Book Version) I’m whooped. My legs are fried. For now, the picture...
- Pedal Until You Taste Blood: The Battle at Barlow Last week, reader Guy Smith of the Crossniacs forwarded me...
- Sweet! Free Tires! (Second place in Cyclocross Magazine’s “Spirit of Cyclocross” Essay Contest) We interrupt our regularly scheduled protein and pull-up report to...
- Cross Crusade #7 Race Report: Mud, Whiskey, Mini-Golf I’m traveling so this has to be quick but the...
- To Cyclocross Season, With Love. It’s here. It’s finally goddam here. Cyclocross. My first race...