Chris Horner Gives Fallen Rider (and bike) a 2k Ride to the Finish
The leaders had already come through when a moto approached me and said, “Get your camera ready – one hell of a shot is coming your way”
30 seconds later, the form of a rider appeared up the road. Wait. A rider? Two riders? What the hell is that thing? As the form approached, I began to realize that Chris Horner was actually giving someone a ride on the back of his bike. Uphill. To the finish. After busting ass to help Levi for 70 some-odd miles.
And, wait. What IS that? Is the guy carrying his bike?
Yes. Yes he is.
He came across the line to huge applause.
Apparently, Billy Demong (also a Nordic skier for the US Ski Team!) from Team American R.A.D.D./AGEL crashed with 2k to go, bike and body completely thrashed.
Horner stopped and said, “Hey dude, get on.” (you can imagine Horner saying this, right? : ) and then rode them both up the hill to the finish.
What a class act.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- The Chris and Levi Show: Photos Available for Purchase I’ve received several requests to purchase images of Chris and...
- You want Leipheimer? I got yer Leipheimer right here. Yesterday’s crit was phenomenal. In a Toyota v. Leipheimer/Horner battle,...
- Ride Ride Ride, Little Rider Temperatures reached triple digits on Saturday. The summer is upon...
- Bike Racing is Dangerous Sometimes I wish Sal would pick a safer sport. You...
- Tour de Victoria: A Very Long Bike Ride with Friendly Strangers Second Chances for the Land of Queenie Here is what...