Cyclocross is Coming: Prepare Thyself
What’s muddy and wet and fun all over?
You guessed it. Cyclocross. And it’s practically here. I can’t even believe it.
Star-crossed registration opened and Molly Cameron reports that one of her teammates took the hole shot for Elite registration. Meanwhile, my buddy Heather G had a category dilemma and made the right decision (she’s racing elite at star-crossed! she kills!).
Me? Well, I’ve taken care of the most important part of any Cyclocross season as evidencedby Exhibit A:
A stockpile of Stone Brewery Limited Edition Imperial Russian Stout.
As for the new bike – it’s on the way – I’ll be sure to plan a big unveiling party on the blog when it arrives. In the meantime, get thee to the Feed and Seed to stock up on rubber boots, cowbells and silly $17 rain jackets. And if you’re looking for a little inspiration, visit Cyclocross Magazine (snag a print subscription while you’re there – it’s a great little rag!) or visit their beta forums to ogle a little ‘cross photo lovin’. Cyclocross World is also worth a stop.
Looking for some gear geekery? Stop by Plus One Lap for everything you could ever hope to read about superlight ‘cross bikes or check out ErikV’s dish on brakes, tubeless clinchers, and Morningstar reusable dust caps.
For all the cyclocross photo mayhem you can handle, check out Flickrs ‘cross tag set and subscribe to the feed to prove your CX fervor to the world.
And finally, if you’re one of those stalker types, kill a day or two researching the training habits of your nemeses.
Bring me mud.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Sweet! Free Tires! (Second place in Cyclocross Magazine’s “Spirit of Cyclocross” Essay Contest) We interrupt our regularly scheduled protein and pull-up report to...
- The Nationals are Coming! The Nationals are Coming! No, really! The rumors have been confirmed – Bend will...
- Just When You Thought Cyclocross Was Gone Forever… It comes back. Actually, the season is only over for...
- Post-CycloCross Stress Disorder: Someone Turn Off the Cowbells For some people it happens after the holidays. So many...
- Masters Nationals is Coming to the Big, Beautiful Bend! Bend, Oregon is kicking all kinds of major cycling-event ass...