Favorite Things: 2007 Version
By means of end-of-year wrap up, here’s a list of my favorite things from 2007… Part One!
Music, gear, blogs, designers, magazines, moments and more… Enjoy!
- Tegan and Sara – The Con
- Arcade Fire – Neon Bible
- Bloc Party – A Weekend In the City
- Beirut – The Flying Club Cup
- Pinback – Autumn of the Seraphs
- Of Montreal – Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
- The Shins – Wincing the Night Away
- Timbaland – Shock Value
- M.I.A. – Kala
- Radiohead – In Rainbows
- Kanye West – Graduation"
- Rilo Kiley – Under the Blacklight
- Band of Horses – Cease to Begin
- Cloud Cult – The Meaning of 8
- Midlake – The Trials of Van Occupanther
- Menomena – Friend and Foe
- Rihanna: Umbrella
- Gym Class Heroes: Cupid’s Chokehold
- Kanye West: Stronger
- The Killers: Read My Mind
- Crank Brothers egg beaters for ‘cross
- Selle San Marco Glamour Arrowhead saddle
- Descente wombat gloves
General Workout Gear
- Jay Robb Protein
- Jay Robb Fish Oil
- Flax Oil
- Wonderslim Wondercocoa
- L-Glutamine Powder
- Clif Shots
- Hammer Gel
- Hammer Heed
- Hammer Recoverite
- Precision Nutrition
- P90X Nutrition Plan
- Turbulence Training
- Tom Venuto’s Burn the Fat
- Fit Over Forty (This guy’s stuff is really amazing!)
- Eat more to weigh less (calorie restriction is dumb… get the metabolism going, baby!)
- Interval training is way more effective than I could have ever imagined
- Bike fitness comes from bikes only. Period.
- Lifting weights burns insane amounts of fat.
- MacBook Pro
- iTunes AudioBooks
See blogroll for links if not provided.
- Maggie Wang
- Julie Berg
- Tom Venuto
- Molly Cameron
- Belgian Knee Warmers
- Mud, Sweat and Gears
- The Missing Saddle
- Wicked Weaving
- Tin House (literary quarterly)
- Sun Magazine (writing)
- V Magazine (fashion)
- Cyclocross Magazine
- Runners World
Clothing Lines and Designers
- Yohji Yamamoto
- Chie Mihara
- Tsumori Chisato
- Tom Scott
- Earnest Sewn
- Nili Lotan
- USGP #6 in a Typhoon – the moment I dumped my bike on the last lap of my first B race. In the icy mud-puddle, just before I jumped up I had an incredible moment of clarity in which the full impact of my cyclocross progress hit me square on.
- Third chocolate martini on the night I left my old job to start my own gig. Damn. Good moment.
- Opening the email that told me my business was "official".
- Move in day at my photography studio.
- Opening the box that contained my new 5D.
- The day I sold my first photo.
- This moment in bootcamp (pain cave)
- Finally getting back to the car after this death hike with my cousin
- My first full bridge in bootcamp
- The day I learned to hit opposite field
- This moment at estacada (Best Day Ever!!!)
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- What’s Your Favorite Cycling Fuel? Yes, I call it fuel. You can call them Scooby...
- Death Hike v.2007 It appears that I have bad luck with Oregon hiking....
- 25 Random Things About Heidi Swift Ok, I give in. I’ve been tagged and tagged and...
- Happy New Year! (And other small things) Clock ticking over. Random drunkenness. Kissing? It’s the new year,...
- The Daily Shake: “Black Hole” Version I made a black shake today. Black. You are reading...