Food Bonanza in Progress
It’s Sunday and today marks our first full week in Arizona. I’m tired, calm, focused, and satisfied. There were a lot of unknowns coming into this experiment and things are working out. That’s exciting.
In seven days I’ve gotten back to three things that make me energized and balanced: riding, writing, and cooking.
There’s still a lot of work on my plate – 55 hours worth last week – but I’m making time to spin the wheels and fire up the stovetop creativity. This week I plan to share some of the highlights of last week’s kitchen antics:
Pearl barley risotto with white beans and mushrooms.
Curried Carrot Soup
Larb Gai (Also known as Chicken Larb or Thai Lettuce Wraps)
We also took a little field trip to celebrate the end of a big copywriting project I finished last week… We hit up local eatery Maynard’s Kitchen (recently reviewed by the NYT) and I have a full report complete with photo-documentation prepared.
There was also a crap ton of riding that happened last week – and a 4.5 hour solo ride that is threatening to turn into a story. We’ll see how that goes – in the meantime, get your salivary glands ready. The food – she’s a ‘comin!
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Maynard’s Kitchen: Tucson Food Orgasm About a week after I arrived in Tucson, several friends...
- Chicken Larb (Don’t call it a meat salad) Chicken Larb! Larb is one of my favorite dishes in...
- Hey! I found the proof! It was in the pudding! (P90X Progress Update) If there’s one thing I know for sure, I am...
- Progress, Diversion, Perspective. In doses. I have always complained about the way cycling is all-consuming. ...
- Bortman Bonanza: Gracie’s Wrench! I’ve been sorely remiss about writing here lately and for...