Happy 11th Anniversary, Sicilian.
It’s true. Today’s our anniversary. I read somewhere that on the 11th anniversary you’re supposed to give dirty laundry, so that’s my plan. But before I surprise him with house chores, a little stroll down memory lane. 1999 and 2000 were precariously documented because I was still in college and therefore somewhat preoccupied, but 2001 onward was a virtual paparazzi festival of photo taking mania. We’ll start there and continue on with a few more time-machine posts later this week.
The week surrounding our anniversary is historically referred to as “Romance-a-thon”.
Welcome to a week of sappy stories and old photos mixed in among your regular Grit & Glimmer programming, people. You’ve been warned.
In 2003 we went back to Sicily to visit Sal’s family. I shot a lot of film, mostly with two trusty Holgas.
I also ate a LOT of Arancine.
The beach in the town where Sal was born.
Sal walking his hometown streets. Photo scanned backwards.
I learned a lot about him on this trip. First and foremost that he doesn’t do jet lag very well.
2004 -2006 is on the way.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Anniversary Photo Flashback 002: 2003 With Sally McPants According to my warning yesterday, prepare to be inundated with...
- Happy Birthday to the Shecko He cooks, he cleans, he tunes our army of bikes…...
- Happy New Year! (And other small things) Clock ticking over. Random drunkenness. Kissing? It’s the new year,...
- Photos: Sun, Owls, and a Sicilian ...
- Temptation is My Sicilian Lover You can keep your damn twinkies. You can keep your...