High Protein Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
Delicious wraps, minus the carbs.
These are rocking my world right now.
Re-Envisioned Tuna Salad
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded broccoli stem
- 1/4 shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon or 1/2 tablespoon capers
- salt and pepper to taste, I also added paprika
- cayenne could be interesting, or sriracha
“Shells” are made from butter lettuce, which is amazing for several reasons, not least of which is the fact that you buy it as a living lettuce so it will keep for a very long time in your fridge.
These are very filling, very high in protein (39g!), low in fat, low in carbs and has good plate appeal (it fills a really big plate!). It’s not really enough calories to cut it as a full meal, so I either eat these as a snack or add something alongside.
They’re also really easy to customize – you can coarse chop almost any vegetable to mix in, add apples or parsley, lemon juice, avocado, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, dried cranberries or raisins… the possibilites are pretty much endless. If you try it, let me know how you tweak it.
Nutrition data (click image to enlargify):
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Chicken Larb (Don’t call it a meat salad) Chicken Larb! Larb is one of my favorite dishes in...
- This is Your Mouth on P90X: Island Pork Tenderloin Salad Island Pork Tenderloin Salad from the P90X Cookbook. If...
- Triple (Yes, You Read That Right) Chocolate Pecan Protein Shake Eat your heart out, ErikV. I have improved upon the...
- Yum: From the Kick-Ass Protein Shake Files I was running out today to make an 11:15am appointment...
- Like Pumpkin Pie? You’re Going to Love This Festive Jay Robb Protein Shake I know what you’re thinking. And, no, I don’t work...