I’m a Delinquent – Here’s One Killer Recipe to Make Sure You Don’t Go Down the Same Road
What’s the fastest way to screw up what might otherwise be a mind-blowing, muscle-searing workout? Neglect your pre-workout meal.
Daniel totally called me out on it this morning as I agonized through a torturous round of shoulder-press-squat-combos.
“What did you eat this morning?” he asked.
I looked back at him like a little kid that just got caught cheating.
“Heidi!” he couldn’t even disguise his disappointment.
With good reason. Skipping your pre-workout meal (which, for me, happens to be breakfast) is just about the stupidest thing you could do. It’s like driving your car into the dessert when you’re running on fumes.
I won’t sit here an make excuses for myself – I’d gotten lax. When I woke up and couldn’t scrounge up an appetite (this happens sometimes at 4:30 in the morning!) I just let it slide and suffered my way through workouts that I should have totally been killing.
Rookie. So rookie.
As I lamented this lapse in bootcamp, my fellow camper, Kristen, offered up her pre-workout shake recipe as a remedy – and the sound of it was music to my ears.
- 1 cup cold coffee (saved in the fridge from the day before)
- Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate powder
Blend and prepare to have your tastebuds rocked (I went home and tried it right away.)
This may or may not be sanctioned by the good (and uber-healthy) people over at JayRobb but, one thing that I will never give up is my coffee. (God strike you down for even thinking that.)
How can I ever consider skipping my pre-workout meal with a shake like that? I’ll add some L-Glutamine to mine and kick mad bootcamp butt.
In the meantime, you go kick your booty of choice. And kick it hard now, ya hear?
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- A Knock-Your-Socks-Off Jay Robb Fudgesicle Recipe for Labor Day Last week Maggie Wang posted her favorite recipe for making...
- Now is the Time for Squash: Eat Right with a Favorite Fall Recipe Man. When I was a kid I hated squash (further...
- Like Pumpkin Pie? You’re Going to Love This Festive Jay Robb Protein Shake I know what you’re thinking. And, no, I don’t work...
- Recipe: The OhMyGod-Give-Me-That-Now Pudding Double Bonus Extravaganza I’ve mentioned before that Sal and I frequently...
- Sublimity: Attack of the Killer Rollers I finally got a chance to process what was, quite...