How to Track Every Second of the 2009 Tour de France
I asked the Twitterverse yesterday how they would be following the Big Yellow Race in France. Most are watching live in the morning, “sneaking” streaming or live updates at work, or DVR-ing the crap out of it and then trying to avoid hearing spoilers all day long.
I used to be in the DVR/hiding category and, let me tell you, it’s a tough road. When someone accidentally tells you who won the day’s stage, it’s potentially relationship ending. For all of you going that route, my thoughts are with you (and you should know that this blog will probably be full of spoilers by 1pm on any given day).
Now, to the resources.
Where to Watch on TV
In the US: Versus. You already knew this.
Go here for the full schedule. Use the channel finder in the right hand column to determine your channel.
Steephill.tv has compiled information for international viewing schedules and options – this list is incredible!
Where to Watch Online
This was a little tricky to nail down, but here are some good resources.
- SBS will be streaming: http://tdf.sbs.com.au/tdf2009/
- CyclingFans.com will update daily with information on where to find the best live streams.
- Steephill.tv is always a good bet.
- Justin.tv looks promising
Standard Issue Coverage
Blogs and Columns to Follow
- See Bike Hugger’s Top Ten List of Blogs to Follow for the Tour de France
- I think Chris Henry’s column at Road Bike Action Magazine will be good.
Twitter for General News
- #tourdefrance hashtag feed
- #tdf hashtag feed
- Tour de Fance account
- Bicycling Mag
- Lance Armstrong
- Levi Leipheimer
- Mick Rogers
- George Hincapie
- David Zabriskie
- Christian Vande Velde
- Cadel Evans
- Andy Schleck
- Phil Liggett (I heart Philly-pants!)
- Paul Sherwen
- Johan Bruyneel
- Neil Brown (from ROAD mag)
Twitter from Teams
Other Good Resources for Pro Cycling on Twitter
Not necessarily related to the Tour.
- List of top pros on Twitter at Bicycle Frenzy
- Pro Cycling on Twitter: 48 Cyclists Who Aren’t Lance Armstrong (from Mashable)
- Big-assed list of Bike Tweeters – industry folk, racers, bloggers, journos, you-name-it… from bikebiz.com
- Feed of Big Names in Cycling on Twitter
Have a good resource not listed here? Leave it in the comments!
This was a pretty quick pull of information so I’m sure I’ve missed some good stuff. Let me know and I’ll update as we go along. As the tour progresses, we’ll see who’s really killin’ it with the coverage over there.
It’s almost here!!!
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Oh, Did I Mention I’m Riding the Tour de France? [Photo: Michael Robertson] I apologize for the long gap between...
- Tour de France *LIVE* in SE Portland – Big Screen Edition Watch the Tour de France Live at The Globe Bar...
- Where to watch: The Tour in Portland No TV to catch the tour? Refuse to pay that...
- Money, Meet Mouth: Tour Predictions Former co-worker and all-around NYC-based super witty copywriter extraordinaire Matt...
- Allez! Tour Spoiler Ahead. Last week in my column for the Oregonian, I went...