I Don’t Look Good in Purple. I have proof.
To be honest, I hate purple. And pink.
Pink more than purple, but that’s beside the point. Nevertheless, purple turned out to be lucky in the tournament this past weekend (my team has a choice of either red or purple uniforms).
Since my camera body is in the shop (it died while I was shooting a wedding last weekend – I’m not kidding), I loaned my paparazzi lens (Canon’s EF IS 70-200mm/f2.8) to Suzanne, who got some shots of me and the other Purple Crusaders in action:
Our bat girl, Delaney. She is one of the coolest kids I’ve met in a long, long time.
I think she liked me because I’m loud. And I get dirty.
She’s wearing red but that’s ok – Delaney is lucky in red.
Yep. Yours truly. Mama didn’t raise no cream puff.
I swear that more often than not I look cute and friendly.
My hands actually *are* that large, however. I can reach an octave-plus-two.
This is our shortstop, Pee Wee.
This photograph absolutely dominates. Look at the way her weight is shifting, her center of gravity low, jaw set, glove in perfect position. You can tell she is just about to make some kind of fantastic play. PeeWee is quickly moving into my personal-hero category.
Tracey, just behind her (playing left), rocks equally hard.
His hat says, “Find a way.”
He is fabulously superstitious, ridiculously intense, and strategic almost to a fault.
This is a man that truly knows the game.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Feeling Good Never Felt So Good On Saturday I got back on the bike for real. ...
- Hey! I found the proof! It was in the pudding! (P90X Progress Update) If there’s one thing I know for sure, I am...
- Holy Sh–! The Superbowl Was Actually Good This Year I’m not a big football fan and professional sports certainly...
- Double Chocolate Pecan Shake (Yes, I swear it’s good for you.) Sal has a hardcore sweet tooth. Protein shakes have come...
- I Am the Legs. I play competitive womens softball tournaments with the most talented...