More Top Ten Foods! Wa Hooo!
I couldn’t help but post this.
A little while ago Tom Venuto posted a few top ten lists and they are excellent. Seeing as how my Top Ten Super Foods post was so popular, I figured I’d share his as well. They’re listed here but you should really, really, really go check out his blog and then go read the entire site. Seriously – talk about a wealth of information! He is Smart Man with Big Muscles! Listen good, ya hear!?
Top Tens A la Tom Venuto:
Tom Venuto’s 10 top starchy carb and grains
1. Oatmeal (old fashioned)
2. Yams (almost same as sweet potatoes
3. brown rice (love basmati, a long grain aromatic rice)
4. Sweet potatoes
5. Multi grain hot cereal (mix or barley, oats, rye titricale and a few others)
6. White potatoes (glycemic index be damned!)
7. 100% whole wheat bread
8. 100% whole wheat pasta
9. Beans (great for healthy chili recipes)
10. Cream of rice hot cereal
Tom Venuto’s Top 10 top vegetables
4. salad greens
6. peppers (green and red)
Tom Venuto’s top 10 lean proteins
1. Egg whites
2. Whey protein (protein powder supplement)
3. Chicken Breast
4. Salmon (wild alaskan)
5. Turkey Breast
6. Top round steak (grass fed beef)
7. Flank Steak (grass fed beef)
8. Cod Fish
10. Rainbow Trout
Tom Venuto’s top 10 fruits
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- My Ten Favorite Super Foods I’m calling these foods “super” because they deliver outstanding nutritional...
- 27 Nutrition Tips from The Master (John Berardi): Part One When it comes to nutriton, there are a lot of...
- Glycogen Loading: Pre-Race Rituals for Entering the Carb Kingdom There was a thread in the Cross Crusades forums last...
- Off to the Races Sal and I are leaving tomorrow for Bend, Oregon so...
- Temptation is My Sicilian Lover You can keep your damn twinkies. You can keep your...