Serendipity much? Motivation in the form of five cols.
Strange how things work.
I sat in front of my computer for two hours yesterday doing other things, wondering if I should post that challenge. Then I did. And then all sorts of rad stuff started happening.
First, many of you got excited. Which made me very excited. Which made me happy and motivated.
Some of you thought my Twitter feed got hacked and that made me laugh. I didn’t blame you.
Then lots of you out there in the Facebooks also got very excited and said, “I’m in! I’m doing it!” And then I felt like I had a little posse. And, man, everything felt a lot more manageable and a lot more possible.
So thanks for that.
And then I got an email. And in this email was an invitation to write a story about a thing called “Alpenbrevet”. The Alpenbrevet is a sportive in Switzerland. The objective? Ride 276km (about 175 miles) and climb 7,031 meters (about…23,000 feet) in a single day. Five cols. Five of the biggest, burliest cols you can find in the world: Grimsel (2,165m) Nufenen (2,478m) Lukmanier (1,915m) Oberalp (2,044m) and Susten (2,264m).
It’s like the length of a classic with more climbing than a grand tour queen stage.
And now it’s on my calendar.
It’s a nice little bit of texture to this whole adventure. And it’s a lot more real than a w/kg figure. Now it’s about survival.
Let’s do this.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Motivation Boot Camp is one of the hardest things that I...
- Yoga Blocks and Motivation People frequently ask me "how I stay so motivated". It’s...
- 8-Week Challenge: Week Three Update Key takeaways from Week Three. (If you’re just joining us,...
- 8 Week Challenge: Week Six and Seven Updates If I were a good blogger I’d give you a...
- 8 Week Challenge: Final Update This update is coming in a little late thanks to...