PSA: How to Remove Embrocation FAST
We had an embrocation emergency here at Grit & Glimmer HQ over the weekend and I was forced to do some lightning quick internet research to determine the best way to remove the stuff quickly. It took about 10 or 15 minutes of reading through forum threads and long blog posts to find the best information, so I thought I’d do a recap as a kind of PSA.
Here’s what worked.
- Wipe as much off as possible with a dry towel.
- Use cool water (not hot!) to avoid opening pores.
- Dawn dishsoap (or any dish soap for that matter, but Dawn worked great) cuts the grease and offers the kind of instant relief that we were after. Lather up generously and wash thoroughly.
Most importantly (but not at all helpful when you’re already mid-burn):
- Always test embro on a small portion of skin before using.
- Always apply embro last: AFTER putting in contact lenses or applying chamois cream.
- Be careful with the super hot stuff, people.
This has been a Grit & Glimmer public service announcement, we will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Cancer: Beware Fast Cyclists Who Sew! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my home-girl Lindsay...
- Little Girl Run Fast. Little Girl Break Eight. Smash! I am hitting what feels like a 5:50 mile pace...