Recipe: The OhMyGod-Give-Me-That-Now Pudding Double Bonus Extravaganza
I’ve mentioned before that Sal and I frequently have pudding as our last meal of the day. He eats his as-is, and I usually stir in a scoop of chocolate protein powder. It’s a nice little treat – low-calorie, sugarless, with a little bit of protein and some calcium (and mine comes with 24g of extra protein, too).
Last night as he was making a batch he came up with the brilliant idea of sinking a few frozen raspberries into the cups before the pudding had a chance to thicken.
"Whadya think?" he asked.
"Do it." I said, inspired, "That gives me an idea."
Then I mixed about a cup of plain nonfat yogurt (I am really into Fage right now), a little (maybe a tbsp?) agave syrup to sweeten (you could use splenda if you’re into it), and a scoop of vanilla soy powder in a bowl with a whisk.
Whisk! Whisk! Whisk! Beat it up! Beat it beat it!!!!
Viola. White goo topping that tastes better than any cool whip crap I’ve ever had. It could have been lighter and fluffier, but I didn’t feel like dragging out any appliances or using egg whites so I kept it simple. The result, as you can see, is scrumpshizzlious.
I commanded Sal to do the plating while I set up the camera. The lightly toasted pecans and frozen raspberry garnish on top were all his doing. He gave me 10 minutes to shoot before he ate it.*
Go. Make. Eat. Faint.
*Note: I had to shoot Sal’s because I always destroy the consistency of my chocolate pudding before eating it by adding the scoop of chocolate protein powder. It turns it from firm pudding to a cake-batter like texture. Still ass-kickingly good, but doesn’t present quite as well.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- A Knock-Your-Socks-Off Jay Robb Fudgesicle Recipe for Labor Day Last week Maggie Wang posted her favorite recipe for making...
- Double Chocolate Pecan Shake (Yes, I swear it’s good for you.) Sal has a hardcore sweet tooth. Protein shakes have come...
- Triple (Yes, You Read That Right) Chocolate Pecan Protein Shake Eat your heart out, ErikV. I have improved upon the...
- I’m a Delinquent – Here’s One Killer Recipe to Make Sure You Don’t Go Down the Same Road What’s the fastest way to screw up what might otherwise...
- Hey! I found the proof! It was in the pudding! (P90X Progress Update) If there’s one thing I know for sure, I am...