Saturday Link Love
Analog Saturday happened on Friday this week, and I spent all day yesterday in a darkroom making real, tangible prints from real, tangible film. There’s only one word for that experience: religious.
It’s been a long, desolate week without posting here and I haven’t had time to tell you about getting caught in a snow and hail storm while training on Skyline, or how utterly crappy the weather has been.
I’m going to ride off into the headwind in a few minutes, but I thought I’d leave you with some link love to make up for the recent silence. Here, in no particular order, is what I have for you:
- I have been cooking up a storm all week. A few months ago I got the new Gourmet Nutrition cookbook via secret pre-order and it was love at first sight. It’s chocked full of gorgeous high-key photography (a picture of every single recipe!) and great tips for making the whole kitchen thing a little easier to stay on top of. This week I made Vegetable Lentil Pate, Prawn Cakes, Sauteed Spinach with Roasted Garlics, Sauteed Sirloin, Strawberry Coconut Pudding, and Breakfast Quiches. At $40 it is not exactly cheap, but it’s worth every penny in my opinion. I’m working on reviews and thoughts, but I wanted to give you a link anyway. Go here to get the cookbook: Give me the yummy food. Go here to read a ton of reviews: I want to know more.
- Books: The New Rules of Lifting for Women and The Paleo Diet for Athletes. Both are extremely good. Reviews pending.
- I just scored a 1986 Fuso frame which reminded me to tell you that Dave Moulton’s Bike Blog is fantastic. Moulton has a pretty interesting history too. I’m elated to have one of his frames and have been geeking out trying to figure out the most appropriate build. It’s not a Pogliaghi, but I’m getting closer.
- Sherry just tipped me off about this article in the New York Times, which discusses the runner’s high. Really interesting stuff!
- Georgia Gould recently wrote about the importance of iron levels and it prompted me to schedule and appointment for blood work. Wouldn’t it be nice if that was the reason I am so slow?? :)
- Speaking of iron: eat more buffalo. It’s really good for you! Check out the stats and Georgia’s review and link to the recipe she used.
- Molly Cameron has some great videos up in her last post. Flax bicycles?
- One final note: SNOW?! WTF.
(Go outside anyway, dammit)
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- You + Ninkrossi Cross Race = Best Saturday Ever Dear God, Make me a ‘cross racer. So I can...
- Wow. I Heart Analog Saturday. I missed you. I missed you so much. In the...
- Guilt Free Pancakes Just in Time for Saturday Morning Who doesn’t love pancakes? When I was a kid, I...
- To the Weather: I Hate You. Love Heidi. I have been sitting here trying to write about something...