Shoe Poll Closes Today: Nike? Really?
I’m going to close the running shoe poll today so if you’ve been holding off, hoping to be the dark horse, now’s the time to come charging forth.
I don’t know why, but I’m surprised that Nike is so far out in front. I shouldn’t be I guess – I wore Nikes for years and years until after my foot injury in 2004, when I switched to Sauconys. I made the jump basically because the Grid Stabil line was practically molded around feet like mine.
If anyone who landed in the "other" category is still out there, I’d love to know what kicks you’ve got strapped onto your fast little feet.
I’ve got a tempo run scheduled for today at noon and I’m stoked to get out and hit it hard. I was laying in bed last night romanticizing about how cool running is, because it’s just you and your shoes… very low maintenance and unfussy.
Then I woke up this morning and ran around trying to find everything on my "Running Preparation List":
- Mini iPod
- Mini armband
- HR monitor strap
- HR monitor footpod
- HR monitor watch
- Headband to keep ears warm in freezing temps
- Gloves for same
- Carbon plate to put under orthotic in left shoe to provide purchase where left big toe no longer beds due to old injury
- Oakley sunglasses for super bright winter sun deflection
I swear. It really did used to be simple.
I have a picture of me in high school running with my team… I’d forgotten all my workout gear that day and everything I had on was borrowed. Heavy cotton sweats, Sarah’s spare shoes, crappy cotton school basketball T-shirt. No one had an extra hair-tie, so my shoulder-length hair was flailing wildly around me while we paced it up the backside of the Fairwood Loop.
Those were the days. :)
If you’re so inclined, drop a comment and claim your shoe vote! If you’ve got anything to say about why you roll the shoes you roll, leave that too!
Yoga tonight, followed by sleeping like a baby.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- It’s time to run. Yep, that’s right. It’s cross season and all the little...
- The Basics of Running The good folks over at The Runners Lounge have executed...
- Internet Machete (Links I Love Today) Cutting through the jungle of the interwebs so you don’t...
- Eight Years Ago Today I was a Self Defense Instructor Eight years ago today I was a self defense instructor,...
- Just run. I threw on my running tights today and hit the...