The Daily Shake: Today’s Smoothie Monster of Death
I’ve taken to drinking a morning smoothie instead of the spinach-mushroom-and-egg-white breakfast that I previously adhered to for years. The more I drink, the bolder I get. I figure I better start keeping track so if I die, at least I’ll have a record of what did me in.
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Yogi Detox Tea (pre-made the night before, chilled)
8 frozen strawberries
1/4 c. plain nonfat yogurt
1 handful fresh greens from the garden including microgreens
1/2 scoop Jay Robb strawberry banana protein powder
1 tsp Spirulina
1 tbsp Flax Oil
2 tbsp Carlsen’s Lemon Flavored Fish Oil
2 tbsp freshly ground flax seeds
Answers to FAQ
Yes, it does look like green/brown swamp death. The Spirulina makes ugliness a foregone conclusion.
Yes, actually, it does taste good.
Yes, I do add fish oil. It really does taste like lemon. (But Sal still can’t hack it.)
Yes, yes I am in love with my VitaMix. I know the law does not protect our love, but if being in love with VitaMix is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
Read this if you’re curious why I dump so much fat in there.
Go here to watch a video on why I incorporate fish oil.
Go here to read about it instead.
Click here to see what I’d rather be eating.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- The Daily Shake: “Black Hole” Version I made a black shake today. Black. You are reading...
- Kitchen Sink Smoothie (Or “How to Build a Kick-Ass Smoothie”) [Scroll down for recipe.] General Guidelines for Building a Kick-Ass...
- Pina Mangolata Smoothie I forgot how good a well-made protein shake can be. ...
- Triple (Yes, You Read That Right) Chocolate Pecan Protein Shake Eat your heart out, ErikV. I have improved upon the...
- Double Chocolate Pecan Shake (Yes, I swear it’s good for you.) Sal has a hardcore sweet tooth. Protein shakes have come...