The Wend Cyclocross Diaries 1-3
A few people have mentioned that they haven’t seen the Wend Cyclocross Diary videos yet, so I decided to post episodes 1-3 here for easy access to all the racey goodness.
By way of background for anyone who just tuned in – I write a little online column for Wend called the Cycling Diaries. Last year, I did first person racing stories after every race which were fun, but we decided to join the cool kids this year and bust out some video.
I am working with Eric Keeney, a super-talented and super-studley videographer. Basically, I talk a little into a microphone, chase people down and harass them on camera, and Eric shoots everything. Then he shoots the races and the shenanigans. Then he goes home and edits everything and makes a kick ass video.
So, he does everything that’s actually important, time-consuming and requiring talent – I just crack a few jokes and drink refreshing Widmer Brrr Ale. Since I have never done anything like this before, I usually mess up the intros and outros about a million times and Eric patiently executes take after take while coaching me to some level of coherence.
He also somehow manages to race in the Master B category in the middle of the day.
In conclusion? Eric T Keeney kicks ass! And if you see us (or just him) roaming around at the races, let us know what you think of the videos. We’re always stoked to get feedback and open to suggestions. Also, if you know someone funny, dirty, gross, fast, or otherwise entertaining that we should get on film – point us in the right direction. We especially like gory injuries, weird human body tricks, partial nudity, costumes and snot.
Ok, without further ado, Cyclocross Diaries Episodes 1-3! Stay-tuned for episode 4 which should be released Wednesday-ish.
Episode one: Alpenrose season opener
Episode two: Rainier High School (Death Hill)
Episode Three: Sherwood Equestrian Center (Bodily Assault Course)
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- My Favorite Cyclocross Diaries Video: SSXCWC Not only because I got to “race” in fishnets and...
- To Cyclocross Season, With Love. It’s here. It’s finally goddam here. Cyclocross. My first race...
- Sweet! Free Tires! (Second place in Cyclocross Magazine’s “Spirit of Cyclocross” Essay Contest) We interrupt our regularly scheduled protein and pull-up report to...
- Pain on the Peak: Aptly Named (the short version) Wow. Talk about a challenging cyclocross course. I spent half...
- Putting Boot Camp Fitness to the Test: First Cyclocross Ride Sal and I headed out to Forest Park last night...