Tour de France *LIVE* in SE Portland – Big Screen Edition
Watch the Tour de France Live at The Globe Bar and Cafe
Ready to get your Frenchy time on?
There’s a new kid in town when it comes to watching the Tour de France and they’ve got everything you need for a solid morning (or evening) of spandex super-glory spectating.
The Globe Bar and Cafe just opened in SE Portland (2045 SE Belmont, near 21st) and they’re opening their doors early just for eager TDF viewers who are hungry for a nice omelet, fittingly French baguette with jam, hearty mug of coffee (Nossa Familia), glass of champagne or all of the above!
Join us Saturday (tomorrow! tomorrow!) at 8:30am to watch the opening prologue live (projected onto a huge 10′ wide screen). Bring an appetite (see specials below), your devil horns and that crazy maillot jaune fever. The Globe will open at 6:00am for early stages.
TDF Morning Specials
$1 Baguette with jam
(More extensive menu available)
Not into the crack of dawn thing? Not willing to miss your team ride on Saturday? Have one of those pesky day jobs? No problem. They’ll be showing all repeats at 5:00pm.
TDF for Happy Hour Peeps
• Evening showings will feature wines and cheeses representative of the region that the race is moving through.
• OBRA Members who show their racing license receive $2 off their first drink! (Non-alcoholic drinks excluded)
Hope to see you there!
Check out the TDF viewing schedule at The Globe Cafe.
Possibly related (automatically generated) posts:
- Where to watch: The Tour in Portland No TV to catch the tour? Refuse to pay that...
- How to Track Every Second of the 2009 Tour de France I asked the Twitterverse yesterday how they would be following...
- Oh, Did I Mention I’m Riding the Tour de France? [Photo: Michael Robertson] I apologize for the long gap between...
- Into the Great Outdoors with Team Columbia-HTC: TdF Mania I don’t know exactly when or where, but at some...
- European Press Proclaims Tour Dead: EverydayAthlete Shakes Fist Angrily Yesterday, Austin (Sweetpea Bicycles), Scott (Portland Velo Cat 3), and...